first comes love...then comes marriage

Monday, July 03, 2006

My team did it!

Unbelievably, on Saturday my team (and by that I mean, Portugal) made it to the Semi-Finals. They beat England in a 0 - 0 match that was decided by penalty kicks in which Portugal came on top with a 3 to 1 lead. It was an exciting game.

It isn't the Portuguese speaking team that people thought they'd see in the semi-finals. We were all sure that Brazil was the shoe-in, and yet, on that same day, France eliminated Brazil with a 1 - 0 win. It was a sad moment, as this is Poncho's team and that of all those congregated to watch the game. It was a bit demoralizing.

Still, I can't wait for Wednesday's game against France. I know you are in love with them at the moment Adrianna, but this is because you haven't been to Portugal. What a country! What a people! Hurray for the underdog!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:36 PM, Blogger Adrianna said…

    I have to say I was rooting for Brazil... despite the fact that I'm in love with France. Now I have to reevaluate. Hmmmmm.

     
  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger Adrianna said…

    I'm for ITALIA now!!!!!!!! You?

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home