first comes love...then comes marriage

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I DID IT!!!

I'm done! I have finished, concluded, completed, accomplished, fulfilled, effectuated, wrapped up my novel.

Well, not really, not yet. There is still a lot of re-writting, re-thinking, re-composing, re-tooling, re-vamping and all the other re's you can think of. But, I can now say proudly and triumphantly that I have written a complete first draft of my young adult novel.

It feels amazing.

Next step, print the 159 pages of written text and start reading what I wrote when I began this project (which was all the way back in October of last year), while repeating to myself the mantra: "It is only a first draft, It is only a first draft." I plan to appease my inner critic this way...trust me, she is no one you would like to contend with. I hope she finds it in her heart to go easy on me. It is, after all, my first attempt at writing a novel.

How fiting that today's word of the day is raconteur--a relater, a storyteller. I guess I am now oficially a raconteur.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a surprise to receive your blog .... and specially to hear that you finished writing you story ..... you must feel exhilarated ..... even if it is the first draft ....
    CONGRATULATIONS ..... I am so proud of you, my dear !!!!!
    HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY,
    MUCH LOVE MAMI

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger Lori said…

    Congratulations! Yahoo! You did it! Yeah!

    Feed your inner critic before you start to read. What I'm sure but I'd recommend chocolate maybe she'll be your friend then.

    I'm so proud of you! Much love!

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations Porris. I just realized that I been living with two people, you and you inner critic. I'll get the chocolates for the second one.
    Besos.

     
  • At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
    »

     
  • At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home